A conditioning treatment is a process or product applied to hair to help improve its texture, strength and overall health. It can also add shine,manageability and reduce frizz.
Here are a few types of conditioning treatments:
- Deep Conditioning Treatment: This is a process where a highly nourishing and restorative conditioner is applied to the hair and left on for an extended period (usually around 20-30 minutes). It often involves heat to help the product penetrate deeply into the hair strands. These treatments are particularly useful for dry, damaged or chemically treated hair.
- Protein Treatment: This type of treatment is designed to strengthen hair, reduce breakage and restore its natural structure. Hair is made up of a protein called keratin and sometimes due to various factors such as chemical treatments, heat styling, environmental damage etc. the hair loses its protein content. A protein treatment can help replenish this.
- Hot Oil Treatment: This involves applying warm oil to the hair and scalp.This can help nourish and moisturize the hair, while also promoting a healthier scalp. Common oils used include coconut, olive, jojoba and argan oil.
- Leave in Conditioner: This is a product that you apply to your hair after washing and leave in, rather than rinsing out immediately. It can provide long-lasting moisture and protection.
- Hair Mask: A hair mask is typically a deeply nourishing treatment that gets applied to hair, left on for a while, then rinsed out. Hair masks can target a variety of hair concerns like dryness, damage, frizz etc.