Non-surgical nose reshaping, also known as a non-surgical rhinoplasty or "liquid nose job" is a minimally invasive procedure that uses injectable fillers to alter and shape a person's nose without invasive surgery. This procedure is an alternative for people who want to alter their nose's appearance but do not want or need surgery.
Non-surgical nose reshaping is an outpatient procedure. It involves
injecting fillers into the nose to make subtle changes to its shape. The
most commonly used fillers are hyaluronic acid-based, such as Juvederm
Here is a step-by-step look at how the procedure typically works:
- Consultation: Before the procedure, you'll have a consultation with your healthcare provider. They'll evaluate your nose and discuss what
changes you want to make.
- Preparation: On the day of the procedure, the area will be cleaned, and a topical anesthetic may be applied to numb the nose and surrounding areas to reduce discomfort during the procedure.
- Injection: Using a very thin needle, the provider injects the filler into precise locations on the nose. The filler can smooth out sharp angles, fill in depressions, or add to the nose's overall volume.
- Shaping: After the filler is injected, the provider may manually shape the nose by gently pressing or massaging it.
- Review: After the filler is properly positioned, you'll be given a mirror to review the results.
The entire procedure usually takes less than an hour, and patients can
often resume their regular activities immediately afterward.
Pros and Cons :
Pros of non-surgical nose reshaping include:
Cons of non-surgical nose reshaping include:
- No downtime: Unlike surgical rhinoplasty, which requires weeks to months of recovery time, non-surgical nose reshaping has virtually no
- Immediate results: You will be able to see the results immediately after the procedure.
- Reversible: If you are not happy with the results, hyaluronic acid fillers can be dissolved with an enzyme called hyaluronidase.
- Lower cost: Non-surgical nose reshaping is typically much less expensive than a surgical rhinoplasty.
- Temporary: Fillers are not permanent. The effects will fade over time, typically over 6-18 months, depending on the type of filler used, requiring repeat treatments.
- Limitations: Non-surgical nose reshaping cannot reduce the size of the nose. In fact, it usually involves adding volume.
- Risks: While rare, there are risks, including infection, asymmetry, and in rare cases, skin necrosis.